Sunday, September 30, 2007

More Football


Here's a photo Forrest took of Noah at Qwest field last weekend when they went to the Seahawks game. They saw a nailbiter of a game with the Seahawks winning 24-21. They rode the train down from Everett to Seattle which takes you buy the multi-million dollar waterfront homes in Mukilteo and by a nude beach frequented by gay men in the summer. Noah was quite entertained by a drunk guy telling him about the evils of drink on the train ride home.

Yesterday Noah's team dominated and won 32-0 on a cold, wet, blustery evening. Noah played the whole game on the offensive line and took a few snaps at defense. Our biggest lineman went down in the first quarter. His arm split open a gaping wound from the artificial turf and he had to be taken to the emergency room. We were so wet and cold that it took us till bedtime to feel warm again, and my nose was still cold when I went to bed. Forrest claims that his core temp is still sapped so he has no energy today. I think that's just a ploy to get out of housework.

Noah is at a paint-ball birthday party for most of the day and Alyssa is going to the movies later with some girlfriends. Forrest and I are just the drivers.

I have a teacher inservice tomorrow so the kids get a day off. However, I have assigned them a big chore. They need to completely clean out the storage area under the stairs and reorganize the holiday decorations and craft supplies that are stored there. I'll be presenting some lesson ideas for teaching 6-Trait writing as part of the inservice. Thankfully I was able to put together all of my materials for this inservice last spring when I had a student teacher so I'm all set to go.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

When they're done at your house can you send them my way? My whole house is a total disaster!