Friday, September 21, 2007

Weekend, Glorious Weekend

This was a very long week. We're done with the review and assessments so this week we really worked in my class. The children had to complete their first five paragraph expository essay. I was pleasantly surprised that most of them were successful with the organizational structure required for this type of writing. I also had the kids draw and label a free hand map of Washington. It's amazing to see how distorted their perceptions are of their home state. But generally you can identify the state and its regions.

It's gotten quite chilly this week. The temp in the house hovers about 65, and it's in the forties outside at night. Forrest says we won't turn the furnace on till November 1 (except for the weekend my folks visit next month). I don't know if we'll really hang on that long without heat. We had our first propane delivery of the fall to the tune of $330. But we haven't had a delivery since May so that last tank lasted a long time. In the evenings when we get home we turn on the propane fireplace in the family room to take the chill off, but I don't think that will be enough to see me till Nov. 1st.

Noah has a game tomorrow, it will probably be their first muddy game. The boys will love it. I won't, Noah's uniform shirt is white with blue and gold accents. Oh well, that's what Spray and Wash is for. So far Noah has straight A's in middle school. He's working very hard, and he's being very responsible about his homework.

I took Alyssa shopping for a dress for the Homecoming Tolo dance. The girls are supposed to ask the boys, but she's going with a group of girls. It's a basic black dress, very classy looking. She wants to buy red shoes to wear with it. She's going to sign up to take the PSAT next month. It's on a Saturday morning from 7:30-11:30 AM. I know I'll be the one taking her. Forrest doesn't get up that early on a Saturday unless he's fishing or playing golf.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Forrest and Paul think so much alike! I've already told him I'll be lucky to hold out until Oct. 1. Be sure to post pictures of Alyssa in her dress. I'm sure she'll look beautiful, since she always does!