Saturday, September 8, 2007

A Satisfying Day


Today was a great Saturday. Alyssa had an early morning babysitting gig this morning so after I dropped her off I made myself go to the gym since I was out and about already. I felt great all day. I'll have to do that again. After that I filled the day with puttering and pretending to clean house and running errands.

While I was at the gym Forrest went fishing and caught his first pink salmon (or Humpy) of the season. Today was the third time he's gone. The pinks run every other year and can be caught from shore. The first time he went fishing this week there was a sea lion in the area scaring the fish. The salmon went right into the freezer to be smoked at a later date. Forrest is hoping to catch several and smoke them all at the same time. Pinks tend to be mushy so smoking is the best preparation method.

Noah's football team won their second game 13-0. He didn't play any defense today, but he is on both kicking teams and he played most of the game on the offensive line. One of his teammates had an 85 yard touchdown run. It was beautiful. This was a difficult game because it was against one of the other Arlington teams. We have 3 at this age level. I have former students on the other team and one of Noah's best friends is on that team too. I'm glad this one is behind us. It was a great day for football in the Northwest all around: my Ducks won, the Cougs and the Dogs won too. If the Seahawks win tomorrow it will be perfect!

No comments: