Wednesday, July 4, 2007

A "Quiet" Fourth of July



I'm sitting on my deck enjoying a third cup of coffee and my rose garden. I was reading but couldn't concentrate with the neighbors setting off M-80s and other assorted noisemakers so I decided to write instead. It would be an idyllic morning if not for the fireworks. Brightly colored fireworks set off at night are beautiful, I just don't understand the need to set things off that just make noise. Forrest had to work traffic control at a fireworks show last night and didn't get in till after two this morning. Since he was gone I had to do the comforting of our muts since many of our neighbors felt the need to celebrate early. There were lots of loud bangs and booms all night. I woke up about midnight when 75 pounds of black lab landed on me. Not a happy occasion at all. I banished poor Boo to the floor, but she and Sitka whimpered all night. Here are some photos of our muts. Sitka is the Husky/Shepherd mix and Boo is the lab. I'm not expecting to get more sleep tonight either. Maybe Thusday will be better. Our All-American Fourth of July will include a baseball game for Noah. Usually our baseball season is over by now, but Noah made the All-Star team so he's in the middle of a tournament. I'll post a photo of him in his fancy uniform later. Happy Fourth of July!

No comments: