Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Beach Day




Today we spent the day at the beach to escape the 90 degree heat. It was beautiful! There was a nice breeze, cool water, wide open beaches and a great playground. We went with a friend, her children plus a nephew and a friend. I took my kids and 3 neighbor kids. My friend and I were out-numbered, 2 adults to 11 kids. They all got along well and played hard all afternoon. They should all sleep well tonight. I ran into three people I know from work. They were all enjoying the weather with their kids too. We truly live in one of the most beautiful places in the country. Too bad the husbands had to work today. As you can see by the photos the kayaks were a hit. I'm so glad we bought them last year. Although the kids liked the logs too. And the driftwood logs are free. This county park has a parking fee of $5.00 per day or for $50 you can buy a yearly pass. This year I broke down and bought the pass. If we use it 10 times it will have paid for itself. So far we've used it 4 times and it's only the second week of July. Definitely a good purchase. Alyssa and I like to walk the trails and the beach for exercise, and Forrest likes to come down to the beach and fish in the evenings. It was money well spent.

No comments: