Monday, July 23, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

I picked up my copy of the book at noon yesterday and finished it by 10:30 this morning. It provided a very satisfying ending. I can't see how they'll make a movie out of parts of this book, especially the finale. This has been a great series to follow. We started the first book when Alyssa was in second grade. I read it to her. Now she's in high school and reading the final book on her own. I don't think Noah has finished any of them, so far he has preferred the movies. However, I did persuade him to read book 6, The Half Blood Prince, so that he'll be ready for #7 when Alyssa is finished with it. He's working on it. When we went to see the movie, The Order of the Phoenix, we saw a preview for the movie of another favorite fantasy book, The Golden Compass. I can't wait to see that one.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I just finished it, thought it ended quite well. I'll love to see how they pull some of this off in a movie. The special effects guys might as well start working now.

Stefanie said...

unfortunately i cant start reading the last harry potter until now. the book will be released in german on october 27th. if i would start to read the book in english, maybe i will finish it in october......2008 :o)
greetings from germany