Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Maturing

Today Noah has his first school basketball game.  The coach requires that the boys dress up for school on game days so Noah went to school in cords, a dress shirt, and a tie.  He looked so grown up and handsome.  And darn it I didn't get a picture.  Mornings are too busy at our house.  Last night we went to the first high school basketball game of the season and all of the youth select league players were down on the floor in their jerseys to usher in the varsity players before their game.  I could start to picture Noah being down there on that high school floor in two or three years.  We were talking on the way out and Noah's voice suddenly cracked.  He's always had a deeper voice than a lot of his friends, but this was the first real sign of it changing. 

Alyssa's scholarly paper is due Friday.  It's the next big step towards completing her senior project and graduating next year.  She wrote a persuasive paper promoting greater use of nuclear power in the US.  It's quite good.  She has me convinced.  We've reached the point now that Alyssa can drive herself and Noah to their eye doctor appointments tomorrow, and I'll meet them there after I get off work for my appt.  They're getting along better which makes my life much easier.  Alyssa is even going to Noah's game tonight.  I won't make it there till half-time, but she's going to be there for the whole thing.  We are so blessed to have such great kids.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I can't wait for my kids to be more independent and mature!