Saturday, November 22, 2008

Holiday Prep




Forrest did some of our Thanksgiving shopping yesterday while I was at work. He was amazed by how many people were at the grocery store on a weekday morning. He was also amazed at the cost of the crystallized ginger I asked him to buy for a new cranberry sauce recipe I want to try. I'll never hear the end of it if this recipe flops after he spent so much. I had the same experience today at a different store. It almost looked like Black Friday crowds. With Linen and Things going out of business I stopped in to see if I could find any bargains. I found a couple of things that were marked down enough to make me pick them up, but I put them back when I saw that there were only two cashiers working and a huge crowd at the front of the store. My time is worth more than those two little items. I took advantage of a dry day to take some shots of the kids for our Christmas card. I'll post a couple and you'll just have to wait to see which one I picked for the card when you get it in the mail next month. Alyssa and her girlfriends are planning to go shopping on the Black Friday. They want to be in the stores at dawn to take advantage of the bargains. She must take after her Grandma Jones who does the same thing and has for 50 years. I've done it a couple of times, but I don't enjoy it. Forrest and I are pretty much done with all of our shopping anyway. We found some great bargains earlier this week when we both took a day off to visit the dermatologist. Each of us had a mole removed from our legs, and we're waiting for biopsy results. The doctor didn't think they were anything serious, but she's just being cautious. After our appointments we went shopping and had lunch at a new Thai restaurant. It was awesome! We'll definitely be going there again.

1 comment:

Mark said...

You have beautiful kids. Great pictures.