Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Snow Day












Today I got a call at 5:21 AM telling me that school was closed for snow. It has snowed most of the day off and on. The temperatures rose to 35 degrees this afternoon and things got slushy, but now that the sun is going down the temperature is dropping again and everything should freeze up and get very icy. I'm betting that tomorrow will be a no school day too. Which is bad because my students have ornaments and decorations for the holidays sitting in my classroom. Hopefully we'll at least have school on Friday. Our staff party is supposed to be tomorrow afternoon, and the principal has a yummy waffle breakfast planned for tomorrow morning as her gift to the whole staff. I guess we're at the mercy of Mother Nature. Today was a bit productive, but not too taxing. Forrest had to work till 3:00 PM and then his boss sent everyone home so they could get there before dark

Today's Accomplishments:
1. 1 snowman built by the children
2. One steep hill smoothed out for sledding
3. 2 batches of spiced pecans made
4. 3 loads of laundry washed
5. half of the woodpile has been moved by the children (they'll finish tomorrow)
6. 1 sappy Christmas movie (White Christmas) watched by me
7. multiple games of Kabooki played by the kids on the Wii with the neighbor kids
8. Pantry cleaned out

Enjoy the photos of our day off.







1 comment:

Michelle said...

Sounds like a lovely day! Want to send me some of those pecans- that sound really good!