Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Forrest gets to Blog

Its the Eve before Christmas Eve and my gracious wife has give me permission too blog on her site. You may be asking yourself what is Forrest doing bogging? Well, partly from boredom and partly because I bought a new inexpensive digital video recorder that I wanted try it out and post to see how it works. The video is a bit grainy but I forgot to take off the flim on the lense and it was a bit dark.

I guess I will also update you on the happenings in the Jones house hold. As most of you are aware of and are experiencing a similar fate, we are on day 10 of blizzard 2008. As you have seen on previous blogs we have hit the slopes of Stanwood to tube down the local hills. I found it refreshing especially the part when I hit the jump and was fortunate enough to have my spine cracked from tail bone to the neck.....aah refreshing.

We ventured out yesterday to the mall... whew. I keep hearing that nobody is spending money, but there sure are a lot of nobodies at the mall. We met up with some friends and to give back their kid that spent the last two nights at our place. After braving a few stores, eating at the food court and leaving Alyssa in my dust at a kiosk vendor... man those people are aggressive. I later told Alyssa that it was a lesson for her and to next time never make eye contact :o). I then left Heather and the kids in the mall and started to drive to the other side to meet our friends and drop off our visitors overnight bag, at which point I would meet them on the other side at the movie theater. I am not sure if it was the snowy roads or that all of those nobodies that aren't spending money decided to leave at the same time, any how, it only took me about an hour to loop around the mall to meet the family for a movie.

Today, Heather and went and did a little last minute shopping in town and Heather went to have her shoulder looked at. The doctor said something to the sort of shoulder tendinitis. I'm not sure but maybe we are getting a little older these days. My neighbor walked by me as I was shoveling out my driveway asked me if I had taken my aspirin before I started. Noah also got a present from his "Girl Friend" today in the mail. He sent her one earlier in the week through the mail also, sense they did not get to see each other at school due to the snow days. I get a bit worried sometimes that he is a bit too young for a girl friend at age 12, but I know they basically communicate by texting and hold hands occasionally.

We are now watching that comedy classic Christmas Vacation and chuckling at the stupid jokes being thrown around and the bad acting. We are also debating whether or not the roads will be good enough to possibly make are way down to Portland on Christmas day. Noah's Basketball Tournament was cancelled and we were originally going to go to Spokane for a few days but the weather also turned bad over there and my mother advised us not to risk the trip. So Lloyd and Jacque if you read this before we call, you may have some extra company if its OK.

Well, I guess I will close for now and finish watching our movie as Clark chases a squirrel around his living room as his cousin Eddie kidnaps his boss.

Enjoy and Have a Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

LeLloyd said...

Sounds like a good idea to us if you can make it. Give us a call.

Forrest, you should blog more often and share some more of your wit with us.

Michelle said...

I love guest bloggers! Now if I could just talk Paul into it!