Saturday, May 31, 2008

Cold


Now that the school year is coming to an end germs seem to have taken over my classroom. Strep is making the rounds. I've had to send home three different warning notices from the school nurse with my students. I thought earlier this week I was just having problems with hayfever, but this morning I became convinced that I have a terrible head cold. I managed to get some laundry done, but most of my day was spent drinking tea and watching Jane Austen movies previously recorded from PBS. I also spent some time looking through some of the thousands of photos my dad gave us. For those of you who also read my sister's blog, I'm sure you've seen some of her lovely fashion sensibilities from the seventies. But she hasn't posted any of mine so here is a photo of my brother and I on the first day of school in September 1972. Boy I used to be very blonde naturally, and I used to get a great tan every summer that didn't come from a bottle.
Noah's baseball post season starts tomorrow at 8:30 AM. He and Forrest have to be at the field by 7:15. Alyssa and I have chosen to come later on. If I had my way we'd be having our team party tomorrow with pizza and trophies and that would be the end of it. The boys played 20 games in their regular season, and now they have at least three more in this tournament, maybe more if they win their pool. And guess what? Football tryouts are on Saturday June 7th.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Sorry you're not feeling well, but man I am digging your skort and yellow knee highs. Stylin'!

LeLloyd said...

Hope you get to feeling better soon so you can enjoy more of your youthful stylish days. Good luck to Noah and his baseball finals

jbird said...

Was it the summer of 1972 when the whole family got together at Grandma&pa's house? This picture reminds me that trip.