Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Long Weekend






Memorial Weekend as usual found us on the road east.  Alyssa balked at missing school Friday, but Noah was pleased to miss a day. We got to see our niece, Allison, in an adorable kindergarten play about the Little Red Hen Friday afternoon.  I'd never seen the story as an operetta before. The songs were stuck in our heads the rest of the day. 
On Saturday lots of relatives came by.  My mother-in-laws cousins and sister, our nieces and nephews and their children. It was a full house.  We got to meet our nephew Roland's little girl for the first time.  Her name is Savannah and we got to meet her on her first birthday. Forrest as usual was the baby hog.  Little kids love him, and Savannah was no exception.  I love the photo of Forrest with our big girl and the newest little girl in the family.  Noah went fishing with our niece Mellisa's husband, Jay.  Noah caught a small land-locked Kokanee Salmon and was very proud of it.
On Sunday we went into Spokane to see the falls.  Due to higher than usual snowpack and rapid spring melt the falls are running much higher than usual.  Lots of people had the same idea so lots of cameras were flashing. The gondolas over the falls weren't even running because the water was so high. 
 After the falls we went to see  my grandma and attend a family reunion before we headed home.  There was a nice crowd at the reunion, more young people with children than usual.  I certainly hope I'm as sharp as my grandma when I'm her age.  I love talking to her and learning from her.

1 comment:

LeLloyd said...

First time blog commenter.

Awesome photos of the Spokane Falls. Wish we could have seen them. Maybe next year!!!