Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Today was a very satisfying day. Forrest brought me the paper in bed followed by Noah a few minutes later with coffee. Forrest and the kids made me eggs, sausage, and hashbrowns for breakfast this morning.

Noah continued to work off his debt by mopping the kitchen floor, vacuuming the stairs, pulling weeds, and shoveling and spreading bark. Alyssa tried a new rhubarb recipe for dessert today (recipe to follow) and Forrest barbecued salmon for dinner.

I filled a few more of my pots on the deck. I've put a variety of salad greens in a couple of containers so we'll see if they'll grow well and provide us with salads this summer.

Forrest and I spent a small part of our rebate check on new deck furniture this
afternoon. Now we just need some warm weather so we can enjoy our favorite space.

Warning if you're watching your weight don't even read this recipe for

Utterly Delicious Rhubarb Dessert

Mix one yellow cake mix according to directions but substitute milk for water. Pour into a greased and floured 9x13 pan. Finely dice 4 cups of rhubarb and sprinkle on top of the cake batter. Pour one pint of whipping cream over rhubarb. Sprinkle 1-2 cups of white sugar over all (to your taste). Bake at 350 for one hour.

**Alyssa's batch overflowed and is burned onto the bottom of my oven so I'd recommend putting a cookie sheet under the pan.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Glad you had a nice weekend! Alyssa's dessert sounds delicious.