Friday, June 6, 2008

GRAY, GRAY, GRAY

Ugh!  I need some sun!  I can never remember a spring quarter being so dark and wet and cold as this one has been.  Usually we turn the furnace off the first of May and are fine till the end of September.  This year we waited till mid May and we've been cold every evening when we get home.  Yesterday the temperature in our house was 60 at 4:00 PM.  We had the propane fireplace on all evening and managed to get the family room up to 68 by bedtime.   

Another sign of the adverse temperatures is Noah's legs.  Usually he wears shorts almost year round with the exception of January and February. He's gone back to wearing jeans most days of the week. Football try outs for Noah tomorrow should be nice and mucky.

The worst thing is that it poured down rain from 10 AM till 3 PM yesterday necessitating inside recess for my students all day.  They cheer when inside recess is called because they get to play on the computers and make designs with pattern blocks and draw.  I groan.  Some of the kids asked my why I hate inside recess.  I told them because when they don't get outside for fresh air and exercise at least once during the day they turn into ornery monsters.

On a brighter note, Alyssa started her part time job this week.  She worked Monday at the day care and will put in a few hours today after work too.   Next week she'll work Monday, Wednesday, and Friday afternoons.  She's meeting friends after work for dinner and a movie tonight.  That just sounds way too grown up for me to deal with right now.  I can't believe she's almost a high school junior already.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

UGH!!! I'm with you on the weather- I think I'm developing some sort of seasonal affective disorder or something.