Sunday, December 30, 2007

Weekend Numbers

5: the number of concession stands we helped set up Friday night for the Holiday Hoop Tournament at 5 schools
4: the number of games Noah played in one day (they won 3 and lost 1, placing 3rd)
1134: the dollars spent on food for the concession stands at Costco by me ( to be reimbursed later after I take back the
unopened cans of nacho cheese sauce and chili)
135: the number of hot dogs sold
39: the number of teams who participated grades 4-8
14: the number of hours spent at the tournament yesterday

I had to be at my station yesterday morning by 7:00 AM to start the coffee and put the gluey nacho cheese sauce in the crockpots to make nachos later in the day. I could feel my intestines tying themselves up in knots just looking at that disgusting yellow goo.

The first games of the day started at 8:00 AM. Noah played at 8, 10, 3, and 7. If they'd won the 7:00 PM game they would have played in the championship game at 8:00 PM. After such a long day the boys just ran out of gas. After shutting down the sites and cleaning up it was after 9:00 PM before we got to head home. It was a very long tiring day. I didn't get to see Noah's first game because the teams who were supposed to run the stand I set up didn't show up so I was stuck there until I could recruit some workers. Despite the stress of not having enough people to work concessions and trying to keep on track of all the games going on at five different sites around town it was a fun day.

But today we've all been lying around resting. The most strenuous activity I engaged in today was putting new sheets on the bed. Tomorrow the Christmas tree comes down and I'll get to work on updating photo albums. Since we went to school through the 21st we don't have to go back till the 7th. It's nice having a long break after the holidays are over.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

What an exhausting day! Glad you still have a whole week to relax. I think this long vacation after the holiday is great because the crazy excitement is over, and the kids have plenty of stuff to keep them entertained.