Monday, December 3, 2007

Stormy Beginnings




Wow! December sure has started with a bang. We had snow, sleet, icy temperatures, white out conditions, and slick streets all day Saturday and into Sunday. Today the temperature is 20 degrees warmer than Saturday's high and flood watches are on all the rivers through Wednesday. It's breezy here, but on the Oregon and Washington coast wind speeds over 100 mph have been clocked this morning. Forrest is waiting to see if he'll have flood watch duty any time this week. His shift to patrol the dikes of Skagit county during a flood is 6 PM-6 AM. Hopefully if they're going to send him out tonight they'll send him home early this afternoon to sleep for a few hours. The photos I've posted are from late Sunday morning. As you can see it was snowing very hard, but it wasn't cold enough to stick. Usually we can see the island and Port Susan beyond the trees, but as you can see we were all socked in and our view was hidden.

I'm at school with no children today. It's our report card day. However, since we went to an online grading program that the parents can access all the time I don't have reports to fill out. Right now I'm waiting around for my music and library grades so I can finish updating the online system. Then I'll have the rest of the day to get things ready for my December arts and crafts projects.

Since Forrest and I didn't go away for our anniversary in October as we usually do I took him on an overnight trip to Seattle over the weekend for his birthday. We had a great time Christmas shopping, going out for coffee, eating out, and seeing the beautiful Christmas decorations.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Sounds like weather down here. Hope Forrest doesn't have to out tonight!