Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving Weekend Fun





What a great weekend! My folks came up for the holiday bringing good cheer, dressing, pumpkin pie, and a new way to play cribbage. It's a tabletop version which Alyssa and Noah picked up quite quickly. I am not a visual learner so I struggled with visualizing the play. They helped us out by taking the picture that will accompany our Christmas cards. I won't post it here since most of my readers are family members and you'll be receiving a photo with your card.

Mom and Dad got to attend the first two games of Noah's Turkey Shoot basketball tournament. The team lost their first game to their arch rivals in a heart breaking contest. I was miffed by the officiating. None of Noah's teammates went to the freethrow line at all during this game. The other team went many times and won by 11 points. The second game was Noah's best of the weekend. He had a double-double, 12 pts. and 16 rebounds. Noah's team ended up with a 3-1 record for the weekend. We got to spend lots of time with our basketball friends whom we'll be seeing every weekend till the first of March. It's a good thing we all get along so well. They're a great group of people.

On Saturday night we went to an Apple Cup party to watch the annual WSU Cougar game vs the Washington Huskies. It was a partisan crowd full of Coug fans. The game was exciting down to the final whistle. Forrest made the mistake of drinking his friend's concoction called a Touchdown. The mixer is Red Bull energy drink. I don't know what kinds of alcohol are in it. But obviously it didn't agree with my hubby and he has asked me not to let him ever drink Red Bull again.

Alyssa and one of her babysitting clients, precious little Chloe, put up my Christmas decorations between basketball games. They did a beautiful job. Forrest put the lights up on the house and the place looks very festive. Alyssa also helped me shop for presents for most of my nephews and my one lone niece.

All in all a very full and fun weekend.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Holy cow, is Noah really taller than mom? Sounds like you are guys are really going to be busy. I guess if we want to see you before next Summer we'll have to drive up there.