Saturday, August 11, 2007

T.B. (Tired But)

I spent the past two days in Seattle at a Professional Learning Community conference which of course required way too much sitting in addition to the long car rides down and back every day. The keynote speakers were great and most of the break out sessions were inspirational and informative. However, sitting for 90-120 minutes at a stretch is murder on my body. I don't understand why educators who support best practices in teaching which of course don't include prolonged stretches of sitting and listening think it's OK to expect adults to do it.

Despite my aches and pains I am very excited to get back together with my grade level team and work on developing common assessments and working collaboratively. I predict that this will be a great year.

No comments: