Sunday, August 12, 2007

More 3 on 3, Driving, and Boo






Once again our weekend revolved around a basketball tournament. The results weren't as positive this time around. The boys finished 3rd. The field of teams was much bigger, and the boys faced many of the same players they play against in their regular AAU season. I was impressed with the boys' grit. They kept their heads up and kept battling. They lost their first game and then won 3 games in a row before losing game 5. Alyssa had a chance to hang out with some of her babysitting pals. Last night we had the basketball families over for a barbecue. The weather turned very cold for an August evening so I passed out sweatshirts and we huddled around the fire pit. Thankfully it didn't rain. Our house is not big enough for seven families. We fed the kids first and then we sent them off to the park to play hide and seek. One of my friends noticed that we're just like junior high--the men clustered together around the grill yapping while the ladies hung out in a group on the deck.

A driving update: Alyssa drove on the freeway for the first time today. She was nervous at first, but she really enjoyed it and said that it was easier than she thought it would be. Alyssa took the photo of our crazy dog, Boo. I've been trying to get a photo of her on the picnic table all summer, but she always jumps down when I open the door. I don't know how Alyssa managed to get the shot.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

First of all, Alyssa looks way too grown up! When I first looked at that picture I thought she was one of the moms. I'm sorry but I'm just not old enough to have a niece that old! Also, I notice Noah's ankle is taped up. Is football already taking it's toll? Looks like a fun time- wish we were seeing you more this summer!