Thursday, August 2, 2007

Laundry Woes

Football gear is disgusting! I took the advice my friend gave me about not trying to wash Noah's practice pants every day. I'm washing them every other day, but boy do they stink. Baking soda in the washing machine seems to really help. Forrest says that when he played football in high school he only washed his practice gear once a week. GROSS! Noah's shirts (both the one under the shoulder pads and the one over the pads) are soaked with sweat after every practice. He's always been a big sweater, but this is ridiculous. He drinks 32 oz of water and 20 oz of Gatorade during each practice. Thankfully the coaches are very good about drink breaks during practice. Today the boys have their first full contact practice. Noah's been sore every morning this week, I'm betting tomorrow will be worse. He's loving it despite the aches. I'm really not looking forward to keeping this gear clean once the rain and mud return.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Look at the bright side, maybe when it rains he won't sweat as much.