Tuesday, June 5, 2007

New Teachers

HURRAY!!!!!! Both of the student teachers in our building have been hired to teach fourth grade with Theresa and I next year. Brandon and Nikki will be excellent additions to our staff. I'm so happy to have gotten what I wanted even though I didn't get to be part of the interview committee. Since several buildings have positions to fill there were administrators and/or teachers from every building on the panel. I warned a friend of mine from another building who was on the committee to keep her hands off our student teachers. Although we're down to the final 12 days of school I'm forced to look ahead to next fall to think about how Theresa and I can make the lives of our new teammates easier. There is a lot of shuffling around and people changing classrooms for next year. I'm glad I'm not one of them. I moved to my room a year ago after spending 13 years in the same room. I think I can wait another 13 years before I move again.

No comments: