Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Almost the End of the Year


Instead of a "graduation" the fifth graders get to have a "Sponge Bob" party. The kids and the teachers took after each other with sponges, hoses, and spray bottles. Noah is wearing a navy blue shirt. I think you can just make out N. Jones on the back of it. After the water fight the kids had a picnic and watched "The Shaggy Dog." I tried to stay out of the reach of the sponges, but most of my former students did manage to hug me while they were soaking wet. I helped set up the food tables for the 90 children. It's amazing how much 11 year olds can put away. It looked like a plague of locusts had swooped in. I'll post more later this week about the last day of school.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Hope you have a good last day, and finally get to start being on vacation!