Sunday, February 24, 2008

Hope for Spring

At last! Yesterday I had my first clear look at the coming of spring. The sun was out, and it was warm enough to work in the yard. I rejoiced in clearing the dead leaves and debris from winter wind storms from my flower beds to reveal the first spears of crocus, tulips, and rhubarb. I filled the yard waste bin only to find out that weekly pick up doesn't start till the first Monday of March. I guess that lets me off the hook for any more yard clean up next weekend. When I finished up it was warm enough to sit outside in the sun with a book (one of my favorite pastimes).

After the yardwork Noah had his last two regular season basketball games. His team won both and finished the season 11-4. Noah played well, he had double doubles in both games. Between games Alyssa and I checked out the bargains at Kohl's. I found $40.00 dress pants on clearance for $8.00. Alyssa found great bargains too. Then Alyssa met some friends to see the movie, "Jumper." She doesn't recommend paying $9.00 to see it. Wait till it's out on DVD.

Today our overlapping sports season started. Noah's baseball team met at the batting cages for the first time. They're getting together again on Wednesday for batting practice. Noah still has three weeks of basketball practice left because we have two more tournaments.

No comments: