Sunday, November 18, 2007

The Future

I had a vision of the future this morning. It was actually a vision of my sister's future with her three boys. Noah had a two brothers, aged 11 and nearly 14, spend the night last night. Noah is as big as the older boy. As I watched these two tweeners and the teen wrestling on my family room floor I pictured my sister's house in a few years. Her boys are 4, 7, and 10. With long legs flailing and big feet kicking I was prepared to be repairing lamps or furniture. The boys plus Alyssa went through a gallon of milk and a gallon of juice in the past 24 hours. I just went grocery shopping yesterday, and I need to go again.

Noah is finally growing again. He went from May through October without adding any inches to his height, he was stalled at 5'4" for five months. He's now grown an inch in the past month. His new basketball shoes are size 13. I'm sure glad I only have one boy to feed. If I had three that eat like Noah I'd have to take on a second job.

Good luck Michelle!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Thanks for the preview of my life. The wrestling is already a challenge to manage and the food consumption is definitely on the rise. I'm buying bread 6-8 loaves at a time, and milk 3 times a week. I'm going to need to go back to work just to feed them!