Sunday, April 4, 2010

Spring Vacation


Alyssa and I spent the first couple of days of our spring break in Portland.  We enjoyed lots of amazing restaurant meals, the art museum, and shopping for prom dresses.  Mom and Dad are great hosts.  We also got to spend time with my wonderful siblings.  Michelle went prom dress shopping with us and Jim came over for dinner.  Unfortunately we didn't get to see Paul, Enid, or the Worman boys. 

Forrest and Noah held down the fort. Noah spent 3 of his first 4 days of break at his friends' houses.  Noah also had a basketball game at Skagit College while we were gone.  His team won by 40 points.  Forrest worked in the yard and enjoyed some well deserved peace and quiet.





I read three books this week.  One classic; Their Eyes Were Watching God, one food book; Comfort me with Apples, and a sequel to Pride and Prejudice, Mr. Darcy's Great Adventure.

I finished a few spring cleaning chores including cleaning out and reorganizing my pantry, sorting through Noah's clothes and figuring out that he's outgrown 2 bags worth of t-shirts, shorts, and sweatshirts, and I filled one bag full of my clothes for Goodwill.  I was hoping to do some yardwork, but the wind and rain made that nearly impossible.  I did prune back my lavendar and cleaned up the sideyard, but that was the extent of the yardwork. 




3 comments:

Glo said...

beautiful dresses. Which one is your favorite?

Warmbeachjo said...

I preferred the one with the violet flowers. She ended up buying a similar dress, but with coral colored flowers.

Prabhat said...

I can't say you are the most beautiful women i ever seen. But I can say it without any hesitation that you are enough beautiful to attract my attention.
Reading your blog was a good experience for me.
Keep it up.