Sunday, May 31, 2009

Relay for Life




















Wow! What an amazing experience. Alyssa and her fellow honor society members were excellent representatives of Arlington High School at the Relay for Life this weekend. They helped other teams set up tents, they were enthusiastic, they helped clean up trash and recyclables, they cried when they saw very young children among the group of cancer survivors who started the relay Friday night, and they were solemn and respectful while lighting the luminaria. I am very proud to say that I was one of their chaperones. The team raised nearly $1300. Most of us slept very little, I think I slept from 2:00 to 3:30 am. A few of the girls didn't sleep at all. We tried to get them to sleep, but they set the goal of 100 laps (25 miles) and they couldn't be dissuaded. I came home Saturday morning and iced my knees and took a nap before going to Noah's baseball game. Alyssa slept all afternoon. We were both in bed by 8:30 last night. Next year Arlington will have its own relay and the honor society kids have been asked to take a leadership role.









1 comment:

Michelle said...

Good job on the fund raising! Now go get some more sleep!