Sunday, September 14, 2008

Catch Up Time








I've let myself get way behind with my blog. The first month of school is craziness. In the football photo taken on the 6th Noah (88) and the other captains confer with the refs before the start of the game. Noah's team won that game against one of the other Arlington teams 27-0. That's why the uniforms look so similar.
It's amazing how similar in size my kids are now in their first day of school photo. It was Noah's second day of school and Alyssa's first day. Only the freshman attend on the first day at the high school. By the time we take next year's photo I'm sure Noah will have passed his sister up in size. I keep warning her of that when she hits him. Her baby brother isn't little any more and she can't dominate him physically as she used to.
My folks came up for a visit and to see Noah play this weekend. Due to injuries in the previous games the afternoon games were running 60-90 minutes late. We arrived an hour and 15 minutes before the start of Noah's game hoping to see the end of a game where several of Noah's friends would be playing, but it hadn't even started yet. During that game one of Noah's close friends, Tyler, broke his arm. Even from the bleachers we could see that his arm was not straight as it should be. He'll probably need surgery later this week. Noah's 5 PM game started at 6:20 against an overmatched Mt. Vernon team. Noah's team scored 6 touchdowns in less than a half of football. Noah caught a great pass and scored his first touchdown. With a minute 35 seconds left the Mt. Vernon coach forfeited. Several of his kids had gotten hurt and he was running out of subs. I was really feeling sorry for those poor boys.
Earlier in the day my folks and the kids and I went to the beach on Camano Island while Forrest was playing golf in a charity tournament. He won a huge shop vac at the raffle. My parents spoiled us with yummy restaurant meals. The only meal I cooked was breakfast on Saturday. The folks are in Leavenworth this evening enjoying delicious German dishes and the changing colors of fall.


1 comment:

Michelle said...

Looks like you guys had beautiful weather for your visit. Can you believe next year Alyssa will be a senior? She looks so grown up!