Thursday, August 14, 2008

Back to Work

Well I've put it off long enough. I ventured into school this week. Although I couldn't really work in my room since the custodians haven't finished it yet. Every 3 years my pod is the last one to be cleaned and this is my pod's turn to be last. I was able to make copies for the writing class I'm teaching next week and update my class webpage. Alyssa came in with me to work on her volunteer hours for honor society. She needs 15 hours for the summer and then 30 hours each semester. I don't remember ever having to do that when I was in high school. Honor society membership just meant that you got a certificate and a gold cord to wear at graduation. I have several classes and meetings the next 2 weeks so I don't know when I'll get to set up my room. On the bright side the custodians had started cleaning my carpet today when I was in the building. It's way too hot to think about being back in school. I'm going to miss my daily deck time where I sit on the deck enjoying the fragrance of roses and lavender, looking out at the water, and reading for about an hour.

1 comment:

LeLloyd said...

The start of the school year always seemed like the start of a new year; more so than Jan 1. I think that is because a little time off gives time to reflect and plan out the next year. New Year's is too close to Christmas and its madness.