Friday, April 18, 2008

SNOW

Yes, you saw the dreaded S word. The weather folks have been talking snow for today and tomorrow, and I chose to largely ignore their dire predictions because they're so often wrong. But lo and behold I drove to work in a rain/snow mix that turned to just snow at the top of the large hill I cross on the way to town. I just came in from afternoon duty after dismissal where I got to stand in a snow shower for 15 minutes. Many of the cars that came to pick up children had snow on the roofs and hoods. I'm sitting in my classroom looking out the window and it looks like a scene from January. Isn't this supposed to be spring?

The snow is supposed to carry over into tomorrow morning, which just happens to be the official opening day ceremonies for Noah's little league organization. They've already played 8 games, but tomorrow is the official start since the two lighted fields which underwent major renovation this past year will be dedicated and officially reopened. We have to have Noah at the field in full uniform at 8:30 for a parade and other festivities. Then his team photos will be taken at 12:30. Thankfully there are no games scheduled for tomorrow. We just have Noah's basketball dinner at the coach's house. Sunday looks like a good day to stay home and do as little as possible. I guess I should sign off now and get home before Happy Hill gets slippery.

No comments: