Saturday, May 19, 2007

A Typical Saturday

Today saw my family on the run. Forrest took Noah to the barbershop for a long overdue haircut on the way to a double header. The Rebels lost both of their games today, but they were close and exciting. Noah hit a beautiful double in the second game. The volleyball team Alyssa coaches lost today too, but they didn't give up and really showed some spirit in the third game. And tonight she's babysitting to save money for college. Noah brought a friend home to spend the night after his baseball game (a friend from an opposing team), so I know we won't get much sleep tonight. The fridge and freezer are looking bare so I fear Costco is on tap for tomorrow.

On a work note, I've learned that there are problems with having a student teacher. My student teacher is doing an excellent job and having him in control of my class this spring has left me free to work on several curriculum projects. The downside is that I'm available to be a substitute teacher when there isn't one available. I've covered for first, second, third, fourth, and fifth grade teachers. I was even Noah's teacher for a full day this week. He says he was quieter than usual because I was there.