Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Mom of a Teen and a Tween

Life is never slow or boring with a teen who coaches volleyball, babysits every weekend, and earns straight A's. Since my daughter, Alyssa, can't drive yet she has to be driven to all of her commitments. While I look forward to her being able to drive to her jobs--I'm frightened by the possibility of having my baby on the road with some of the crazies I have to watch out for. Driver's ed is coming up way too soon.

My tweener, 11 year old Noah is all about sports. This year it was soccer, basketball, and baseball. The fall of 07 will see football taking the place of soccer. He'll start football practices the first of August and practice every day that month. All of his sport seasons overlap. The only break we'll get this year is the month of July.

The sports commitments don't end with the kids. My husband, Forrest, plays rec league softball in the spring and summer as well as helping coach Noah and his friends in three, 3 on 3 basketball tournaments during the summer. I do my part by keeping book and stats for Noah's teams as needed, especially during AAU basketball season.

Noah's sporting events allow us to travel all over the Northwest, and thankfully Alyssa doesn't mind hanging out with her brother and his friends. She's picked up lot of babysitting clients through the friendships we've developed with the other AAU families.

I guess that's enough of an introduction to what life is like in my family. I'll post more later with pictures. Warmbeachjo

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! I'll enjoy hearing more from you. By the way, you are a good writer. Did you get to do anything interesting during your day as principal?