Sunday, March 6, 2011

Late Winter




After a week that started with snow and a late start for my students this weekend has been beautiful. Alyssa and her friends had clear driving over the pass. She spent Saturday afternoon driving Noah and his friends around to film a short video clip for German class. We had the neighbors over for spaghetti, good conversation, and games. Today we took the kids out to lunch and then helped Alyssa pack up to go back to college complete with four loads of clean laundry. She'll be home on the 15th after her final exams. I am so happy that it's nearly 6:00 PM and the sun hasn't set yet. I'm looking forward to moving the clocks forward next weekend. I hate those days in winter when I leave to take Noah to school in the dark and don't get back home till after dark. After having snow on the ground the whole final week of February it was great to finally get out in the yard and take stock of how my plants made it through the winter. I was pleasantly surprised to see so much new growth.


No comments: