Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Resting is Hard

Having a week off from work to recuperate after a minor surgical procedure is proving difficult. I am bored. Once the pain was gone and I wasn't taking narcotic pain killers I expected my energy level to come back immediately. Wrong! If I try to do too much I end up feeling like my legs are rubber bands. I went to Noah's game last night thinking that sitting and watching basketball wouldn't wear me out but it did. I think I am just a bad patient. There's only so much reading to do and so much TV to watch. Although I have become quite a fan of the Travel Channel, "Bizarre Foods", "No Reservations", and "Man vs. Food" are my favorites. My other problem is that as soon as I lie down to take a nap the phone rings. Yesterday it was my doctor's nurse calling to check on me. I guess I'll just have to turn the phone off.

No comments: