Friday, March 13, 2009

New Author

I've discovered a new (to me) mystery author.  Her name is Nevada Barr.  She write mysteries about a National Park Service law enforcement officer named Anna Pigeon.  Each book takes place in a different national park since rangers rarely stay put for more than a couple of years.  Barr weaves an intricate story amidst the beauty of our nation's national treasures.  Her descriptions are amazing.  She just released book #14.  I read a review of it in a magazine and was intrigued so I went to the library to start with book one, The Track of the Cat.   I'm really looking forward to working my way through this series.

1 comment:

suzanne said...

Thanks for the series tip! I'm currently nearing the end of the Sookie Stackhouse series and so sad. It's nice having characters to follow for more than just one book.